Skid Mounted Reaction Unit
Skid Mounted Reaction Unit
Need of Skid Mounted Reaction Units
High-grade and expensive range of products is not produced in huge quantities as it is distinctive for pharmaceutical and special or fine chemical industries. Highly flexible, compact and small facilities are essential to carry out these applications in the efficient manner that can be easily and quickly cleaned as well as adjusted for the subsequent product development. In addition to this, they require rust proof materials that never interact with the product as well as contaminate it. Moreover, small as well as condensed design is preferred to ensure to occupy limited space for assembling the facility.
Traditionally, the pharmaceutical as well as fine chemical industries have favored batch reactions. Hence, these multipurpose reactors are ideal to be used as they can easily carry out different chemical reactions in professional manner.
KERONE develops advanced systems to meet the needs of reaction technology as a fully functional reaction unit. This includes peripheral equipment that is assembled in workshop as a skid and provided to the client as a complete and high-end operational system.
Features of Skid Mounted Reaction Unit:
- All valves for process, utility and vacuum lines are within skid
- Distillate, vacuum manifold as well as reflux lines within skid
- Main as well as vent condenser having distillate cooler and vapour column
- Reactor base lowering system available with both hydraulic as well as manual options
- Skid of appropriate size to mount above the equipment together for forming "Kilo lab reaction unit"
- Two distillate receivers and liquid reactant addition vessel design in suitable sizes
- VFD with local flameproof panel to ensure to meet speed variation
Given below reactions and operations are carried out in Skid Mounted Reaction Unit:
- Any type of Liquid-Solid, Liquid – Liquid and Liquid–Gas reaction
- Any operation from constant addition of liquid reactant
- Any operating of mixing of the two phase liquids and separating layers
- Any distillation operation having moisture separation (Dean Stark)
- Any distillation operation having reflux
- Any high vacuum distillation process
- Any reaction with crystallization and highly viscous material operation
- Any other specific reaction that can be discussed at the designing stage
Plug & Play Feature of Skid Mounted Reaction Unit:
- All the piping process is completed within the skid
- The piping processes need external connections only
- Vacuum pump connection needs to be connected at only one place
- Distribution of the vacuum is already provided within skid
- All the cablings are provided within the skid
- Users just have to connect power connection to the system
- Condenser utility supply manifold within the skid
- All the measurement & safety pressure gauges, vent valves, drain valves, static jumpers, etc. are designed within the system.
- Platform and reactor vessel support are provided within the system
cGMP compliant Features of Skid Mounted Reaction Unit:
- All the gaskets are designed from PTFE that are very easy to maintain and clean. In addition, these gaskets are also very compatible with a huge range of temperature as well as pressure ranges in every solvent.
- All the piping systems as well as condensers are developed in precise manner to ensure no build up of any liquid in the system at the batch-ending
- All the surfaces are properly polished and finished to ensure no deposition of the reaction mass as well as enhance the clean ability of the same.
- All the wetted as well as non wetted parts are designed using high-grade stainless steel
- Availability of all the relevant documents after carrying out validation of the system as per the cGMP point of view.
- CIP systems to flush all the nozzles using suitable solvents are also provided
- Easy removal and cleaning of the reactors after every batching to ensure no contamination from the earlier batch
- Lantern stool of the agitator can be lifted effortlessly without removing the nozzle for cleaning purposes
- The mechanical seal area of top dish can be easily flushed from the bottom side.
- Compound gauges on receivers, reactor as well as vacuum manifold
- Pressure control loop having pressure transmitter and controller available in flameproof construction
- SCADA system for monitoring as well as recording the data
- Temperature control loop having valve on profile temperature controller and utility side
- Temperature scanner of vapor, inlet, utility and outlet
- VFD having local flameproof panel for operating remotely
- Aagitator can be changed with 9 to10 types of agitators
- Design pressure full vacuum to 10 kg/cm2
- Designed using high-grade SS-304 and SS-316
- Operating RPM is 0 -300 RPM
- Reactor Capacity from 10 L to 500 L
- Temperature ranges from -90 to + 300 Deg. C.
- Material : Stainless Steel
- Material grade : SS-304, SS-316
- Operating RPM of Agitator : 0 -300 RPM