Expensive products and solvents are not at all developed in huge quantities. The huge production of products is confined to pharmaceutical and special chemical areas where small and flexible facilities are essential for conducting activities that ensures easy cleaning and quick adjustment for the next product. They require rust resistant materials that never interact with the product. In addition to this, they also should not contaminate the product. Compact design is needed as only limited space is available.
Fine chemical and pharmaceutical sectors look for batch distillation processes. Hence, Kerone offers multipurpose Fractional Distillation unit designed to carry-out different types of distillation processes. We provide a high-tech system with a fully functional distillation unit having peripheral equipment that is assembled in fully-fledged workshop as a skid and offered to the client as an absolute operational system.
Features of Fractional Distillation:
- All valves are designed within skid for vacuum, utility and process lines
- Column packing from raschig rings, pall rings, saddles, structured packing designed with ideal MOC.
- Column with durable collector
- Distillate as well as reflux lines designed within the skid.
- Main & vent condenser available with the product cooler.
- Reactor base lowering system managed by hydraulic or manual operation.
- Reactor of appropriate size having mechanical seal
- Available with gear box, suitable agitator, motor, bottom valve & cladded insulation
- Reflux forced or gravity provided
- Available with rotameters, temperature sensors having scanner and gauges for pressure and vacuum
- Designed with modern SCADA System
- Skid of appropriate size to mount above the equipment to develop “Kilo lab distillation unit”.
- Available with two distillate receivers of appropriate size
- Vacuum manifold with lines within skid
- VFD having local flameproof panel for ensuring speed variations
Many types of operations can be carried out in the system such as:
- Azeotropic Distillation
- Fractional Distillation
- Simple Distillation
- Vacuum / High Vacuum Distillation
Plug & Play Features of Fractional Distillation:
- All the process piping is designed within the skid
- Requires external connections only
- Vacuum pump is linked to the distillation system at one place only
- Distribution of the vacuum is already provided within skid
- All the cabling is provided within skid.
- Condenser utility supply is provided within the skid
- Reactor vessel support, platform as well as all the measurement & safety requirements from vent valves, pressure gauges to static jumpers are provided with the system.
cGMP Compliant Features of Fractional Distillation:
- The reactor base can be easily removed after every batch and ensure easy cleaning
- Mechanical seal area can be flushed thoroughly
- Lantern stool can be lifted easily without removing nozzle of the reactor
- Different validation of the system in cGMP point of view is carried out and all the relevant documents are submitted
- CIP system is also available to flush all nozzles with suitable solvents
- All the wetted as well as non wetted parts are designed from high-grade stainless steel
- All the surfaces are finely polished for avoiding the deposition of the reaction mass and improving the clean ability of the same.
- All the piping & condensers ensures no liquid hold up at the end of the batch
- All the gaskets are developed from PTFE and are compatible to different temperature & pressure ranges in all solvents.
- SCADA system for monitoring and recording the data
- Temperature control loop is provided with control valve on the utility side as well as profile temperature controller in durable and flameproof construction.
- Temperature scanner is available for the temperatures of column at different places
- Vacuum gauges on receivers, reactor and vacuum manifold
- VFD with local flameproof panel for smooth operation
- Temperature ranges from -90 to + 300 Deg. C.
- Operating RPM is 0 -300 RPM.
- Distillation Capacity from 10 L to 500 L
- Developed from SS-304 and SS-316
- Available in 10 kg/cm2 pressure to full vacuum
- Aagitator can be easily modified and changed with 9-10 types